I think most of us gripe about the good old days, and in many ways for good reasons. My first time down was 1986 and it stuck. So much has changed, and yet, I keep going and going and introducing others to the place and experience every year. And most of you are in the same boat. We still love it. Nonetheless, as I think about our upcoming charter, I'm doing some of my own "remember when" stuff. Here's one:

1991: We are sitting by the beach at Foxy's having some drinks and these 3 guys built like brick outhouses swim up to the beach, walk into the bar and order drinks. They sat down at a table next to us. We were wondering which boat they swam in from. "None of them," one guy said. Turns out they were Navy SEALS and decided to swim over from Cane Garden Bay. After a couple of hours, lots of good conversation and a fair share of painkillers, they ambled back to the beach and swam away. I guess they made it back.

Shifty

p.s. Don't start me on Tony Snell and his wild and unique talents at the Last Resort!