Just returned a week ago from a 9 day bareboat charter. First time in decades I did NOT take the crew to the Baths. I've been longing for that! When dad took me there for the first time, we landed the dinghy on the beach, pulled up to higher ground and tied the painter to a rock in the sand. Wandered through the meandering trail, with no ropes, no ladders, no signs and no crowds. I think we saw 6 or 8 people.

I remember also from the earlier days the "cocktail hour" routine... Drop a hook, open a beer, sit back and watch the procession of other arguing crews going through the same process--often with humorous effects.

On at least one occasion, WE were the humorous effect. Arrived late in the afternoon at Trellis Bay in hopes of seeing Tony at the Last Resort. Anchorage was pretty full, but we all agreed there was room at the east end of the anchorage for one more boat. To the certain entertaining delight of all other vessels, we were wrong... grounded the keel to a halt on the sandy bottom.