I have chartered many Powerboats from 48 to 53 ft over the years. I know the charter company with get you in and out of the slips if you need. I can give you some advice that is critical to success. These cats usually have very light or touchy throttles. Slow and steady is your friend. I literally lightly tap the throttles with the back of my fingers to get the boat to slowly start moving forward out of the slip. Watch your port and starboard corners aft and once you are in the middle of the channel or just before slip into neutral. I rarely touch the wheel when in tight quarters or in a marina. I oppose the throttles to turn the boat and then put on in neutral or back off once the boat has turned 90 degrees in the channel and then move them forward at maybe 1/4 throttle. New PC have a bow thruster that you can use in short burst to move the bow around. Once straight you can now move forward and steer. as you head out of the harbor. remember SLOW and Go! Throttles are light, so make all movements easy and deliberate. You will get the hang of it quickly. You will LOVE how these Powercats respond and how easy to drive. What dates are you headed down and who are you chartering with? We will be out of the Moorings with a July 5th overnight on the boat and pushing off the morning of July 6th for 7 days. Will be on a 464PC.

Cruising the local waters here in SC and GA. Love the BVIs and miss the Tradewinds!