Thanks......I am not a frequent flyer, and am now trying to guess if I should book a flight via Westjet prior to April 1, 2024 when we in Canada are facing yet another carbon tax increase of 23%. Some people who travel frequently and have way more insight on when to book, etc say wait till July, Aug, Sept - or approx 5.5 months prior to departure, thinking booking today for instance, the prices are higher?? Others "opinions" are that with the carbon tax increase in Canada, the flight prices have to go up?? No one has a crystal ball, but it would be interesting to hear more opinions on this. Can anyone remember the last time Canadians faced a carbon tax increase?and if so, how were flights prices effected. At present our flight with Westjet (which I have not booked) is 978.00 per person to fly non-stop from T.O to SXM That price reflects seat selection, baggage, etc. I find that much higher than when we travelled in Jan of 2023. So, I welcome any opinions or thoughts, given the situation. I called a couple of travel agents and they think prices will drop if I wait till summer. It's a crap shoot either way. I am tempted to just book our flights before April 1, 2024 just in case prices take a huge jump due to new carbon tax. We do have our accomodation booked, so we are going!! Missed going Jan 2024 and am regretting that, lol.....love the island and really missed it.

Randy and Meg Young