I really hope that people don't feel obligated to give more of their hard earned cash because a business decides to put a service charge on the bill? To me, a service charge is an obnoxious insult, to the staff and the patron, If service is great tip great, if service is terrible show your opinion of the server with a lesser tip! I wont go into percentages because it doesn't matter, it's a personal choice! If I see a note on the menu that there's a 20% service charge it makes me over conscious of our server! I always tip big for great service, but if a bartender is lousy and keeps me there all day they might find the cost of the drinks and a couple coins on the bar! Don't get me wrong, if you knew me, I am not cheap, just don't feel entitled to my hard earned money!