Wow....in my opinion there isn't another choice other than the hotel in the airport! The OP wrote they are getting in at 11PM and leaving at 8a.m. Option one: get your bags and be in your room shortly there after! Next morning walk down to Seaborne and get to paradise! Option two: drag your bags to get a taxi, taxi ride to a hotel (or resort), get checked in and finally get to your room for all of what....5 to 6 hours? Only to have to get up and get back to the airport....what a hassle. IF...IF the hotel were that "horrible" or "awful"(being dirty and unsafe) I may agree! However, it was neither....it was clean and safe. Abeit small - how much do you need for a few hours sleep? (and you are likely flying to paradise to get on a boat where the rooms at the hotel are much LARGER than where you will be sleeping on the boat.) WHAT a headache hauling two kids and luggage outside of the hotel when you can stay right on site. We stayed there last May and enjoyed our one night on the way back! Ask for the "remodeled rooms" (I think we stayed on floor #7.) Oh...the "awful" thing (actually strange) was...we have to take the elevator to the 6th floor and walk up a ramp to get another elevator to get to our floor (at least I think that is what we did...others can correct me on that one because I just remember we had to take an elevator to a floor...get off and get on another one to get to our floor.) Bottom line....2 kids + 11pm + luggage = SJU Airport Hotel

https://www.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/4;10765;405/st/20220331/e/USVI+and+BVI/dt/0/k/05ce/event.png