I don't know the full history of all this so maybe I'm off base but I was under the impression that the Club O beach was the only place where full nudity was officially allowed. I thought that in all the other places it pops up, it was merely tolerated and you were subject to being told to cover up at any time. Is that true?

If so, then it looks like they are simply enforcing the rules that are already in place. Look at this this way. Say I'm a tourist who decides to avoid the full nudity of Club O because it goes against my morals or whatever. So, I decide to go to Tintamarre. But, much to my surprise, there are nudies there! Isn't that against the law? Aren't they supposed to keep it to the Club O beach. What? I should have somehow just known that they allow it there? WTF? Now my kids are scarred for life. :-)

The argument that "it's always been tolerated" holds some weight but it would always be trumped by the actual laws in any debate wouldn't it? I also think it's a bit of a stretch to presume that the tourists will stop coming if they ban nudity.

I don't care one way or the other frankly.

Unless they ban toplessness... *That* would be cause for a revolution!!