daveb7 said:
Quote from lcote- "Isn't it ALSO possible that diminished nudity could also HELP the St Martin tourist economy? It's possible people have avoided the island to avoid the nudity that is there."

There are 37 beaches on the Dutch and French side of Saint Martin. If a visitor wants to "avoid the nudity" they have many options to do so.

Ah yes. Easy. Let's see...stay on the Dutch side.

Oh no. That doesn't work because well it is just "expected" that there can be nudity on Cupecoy.

Easy. Yes, because nudity is only allowed at the Club Orient Beach. Oh wait, no THAT doesn't work either. Because it is also "expected" on Baie Rouge and Happy Bay.
Oh yeah and Tintamarre too.
Have I missed ANYWHERE ELSE? It's not that easy to navigate just WHERE people CHOOSE to flout the rules and go walking around naked. It's not. And I have been going to St Maarten for 10+ years and each year, I learn where ELSE I shouldn't go if I don't want to see nudity.
I don't really CARE if I see it to be honest. But others MAY. And frankly, if someone is simply sunbathing nude, I probably wouldn't even notice.
But I WILL NEVER be able to get the memory of the short heavy guy POWER WALKING nude down the beach at Orient Beach my first trip to St Maarten. And I gotta tell you, I'd really LIKE to get that memory gone.