Fabbr1, what you don't understand is that all airlines use yield management software to maximize efficiency / maximize profit / minimize disruption to their schedule when something goes wrong. I really do feel bad for you that things worked out the way they did. But Seaborne did not intentionally screw you, they made the best business decision for their operation. It sucks when you are the one that draws the short straw. I get that. But your tone implies that Seaborne just randomly decided to ruin your day. They didn't. If they had flown the STT-SJU leg, then a larger number of people on the STX-STT runs (and they fly that city pair more than they fly STT-SJU) would have been inconvenienced and the airline would have lost more money, disrupted their schedule more. Again, I am sorry it was you, but trust me, Seaborne didn't want to delay anyone, and with the help of their yield management software, made the best business choice in a bad situation. Dude, it is the Caribbean, and Seaborne doesn't have a lot of spare machines waiting around. If you travel down island you have to appreciate that sometimes things might happen. As has been pointed out, the routing you chose left you open to the most possible hiccups. You still made San Juan the same day you were supposed to, you all got home safe, and hopefully you (with this one exception) had a great vacation.

"Be a Traveler, not a tourist!"