Sorry you had such a bad end to your trip. We have had many snafus going and coming to the BVIs..almost became expected.

Actually if candor and what the passenger thinks is fairness are the measure, if you fly enough you will come to the same conclusion about every airline. ..
Was going to a football game in Tempe Az a couple years ago...found a good flight out of Nashville tenn ..bout 3 hr drive for me. It went to Columbus Ohio for a stop, no plane change then on to Phoenix. So I got to Nashville took off early am...got to Columbus about 9 am.. The Columbus passengers deplaned, the crew came back and said "there is a mechanical problem with the plane, everyone needs to take all your carry on items and deplane. We will let you know when you can reboard. ". So we did and there was some confusion and crowding in the gate area. In a little while they were loading the same plane they ran us off of for a flight to St. Louis. Seems that was the plane that had mechanical issues..more of them..so they lied to us..loaded them up and off they went "on our perfectly good plane". . There were no connections available to Phoenix. They said they would bring in a plane. They claimed 2 pm..then 5 pm then 8 ..at 10:30 a crew showed up and we were on the way. I fly SWA all the time..twice this month, just know like your experience they are not as pure as fresh snow.

Anyone traveling to EIS multiple times via San Juan likely experienced them dropping a flight...to load up another one. The Air Sunshine post from a few days ago told you they were not being totally honest with their passengers. The reason they charge you for one crappy seat over another, to get on the plane sooner or take your luggage along and have 10 dollar stale sandwiches, have decreased seats and vastly raised prices, are making it harder to use FF miles..is because it helps their bottom line. The decision as to who is inconvenienced is likely governed by the same thing. It's not personal..it's the money. Doubt Seabourne is any worse and suspect better from what I hear than most.