Hello all and thank you for your replies!! There are obviously a lot of knowledgeable people here (and current Tortola residents!!)

Here is a little more info - my family owns a house on the West End already and, although it is my mother's, my name is on it and I have a land holder's license. She has been a long term vacationer for years - staying 2-3 months at a time, so I am well versed in the power outages, internet service, cell service and "island time".

My intent is to come on island, squat at Mom's for a bit until I find an apartment. I've been in touch with several agencies and am thinking $2K/mo budget would cut it. The long term intent would be to buy but I know already what a lengthy process that is since we've been through it already.

I already have a job offer (and my husband is close to one) - so we would both reside under work permits that our employers will obtain for us.

I think what I am trying to figure out right now is what is a reasonable income to expect? How much lower are professional salaries in the BVI? I am not in the finance/banking/legal industry. My potential employer is one of the largest on island but local based. It seems salary offerings are less - but how much less is really reasonable? 15%? 25% 40%???

Also - we have a little one that would attend Cedar School - FWIW.