We too did our first kid trip about 3 years ago two boys 9 and 11 then. This was after a decade plus of adult trips. We are now on our 4th trip we leave 6/1/15.
A few things that our boys really enjoyed revolved around snorkeling and pirate booty (booty as in gold and jewels not the other kind). We also did a little more docking as to allow them a little more freedom to explore.

1. Baths are a must.

2. Scrub was great – we docked up so they could use the pool. I think you can still do that. I heard things may have changed a little.

3. We also docked up at BEYC, again to make it easier for the boys to explore and use of the facilities and equipment.

4. I’m not sure of your dates but keep in mind the full moon party at Trellis. They had an absolute blast!

Things to think about:

1. From one of our trips to the Northern Grenadines I had some EC coins left over. So when we were snorkeling the caves at Norman and were on shore near the opening with the moss hanging I dropped the coins on a rock. When they finally fell upon them they freaked out! They thought it was treasure. That is until the oldest said “hey this coin says 1987?” should have scratched off the date. Oh well it was still fun!

2. Geocaching – get the app, there are about a half a dozen geocaches in and around the islands. This is like a real treasure hunt.

3. Be sure to Treasure Island book after the caves they may want to read it.

4. I know many are anti-electronics on these trips and on this trip they are bringing their GoPro and making a video. They watch Delos and LaVagabond on you tube and want to make their own video. So I’m bringing a laptop.

5. Also, I’m not saying this is for everyone but we did and do allow them to bring their Nintendo DS and/or PSP. Sometimes a little down time for the Capt and 1st mate is needed. Besides this is 2015 electronics own us. It would be like our parents taking away our rocks and sticks!

6. We do bring travel games and cards. This trip we will learn to play GO.

You have no choice as this trip will be a BLAST!

Tim

“Dawn comes early on a boat, right Captain? That’s right it happens everyday just about sun up!”