I am planning about 4-6 10 to 20 day visits. I agree a 6 week stay would minimize a $500 airfare savings but we would like to frequent several times throughout the year,

The weather where we are is too hot in the Summer and too cold in the Winter so visits home in Fall and Spring. I never thought Florida would appeal to us but this year's January and February weather was inhumane.

No comments on the recommendations to others? I kind of liken it to telling a few people about a great new restaurant and in a few months you can't get a table. We have been to too many places where the beaches are great and the views are nice but the food and nightlife are just not sustainable for more than a few days. We have a timeshare in Punta Cana and have not been back since discovering SXM. Fortunatly there is no annual fee so the weeks owned roll over.

We used to despise the idea of food being much of factor in vacation choice but the healthy seafood and other healthy options are not found in other places we have encountered unless you want o jump to $400 - $600 a day accommodations.

I guess I need to sneak in a visit before January. I might use the 747 KLM flight ending as an excuse!