I would think clearing out at West End would be easier than Roadtown. There really isn't a good anchorage that close to RT, heck I'm not sure if there's a dingy dock close. I have seen day boats get close enough to the concrete dock and someone step off the bow to do the clearance while the big boat circled around waiting. Anyway, someone else may have more info on that. Maybe the captain could just taxi over and back. BTW the BVI wants only the captain, the US wants everybody. Every time I've brought a BVI boat back to the BVI I just had to check the arrival box and hand them the copy they gave me when I checked out. The fee wasn't much at all. Since you'll be bringing in 4 more than you left with I'm not sure what extra's you'll have to do. Again others can help on that.

Looks like it will be a little late whether you pick them up at Red Hook, Cruz Bay or West End but you should have time to get to a good anchorage before nightfall. I wasn't too sure about the idea of meeting them at Maho/St Francis but maybe that would work out. It would really help if you can communicate with them by phone just incase the flight is late or they end up having a problem with the ferry. You should have a good ATT signal at any of those places except in Maho if you put the mountain between the boat and St. Thomas.

Life involves risks, take some prudent ones (NOT with the BVI ferries)!