My experience with hurricanes/ tropical storms in North Carolina is that once they pass the weather is usually great. But, that doesn't answer the questions as to damage to infrastructure, electricity, access to food, water, ice, etc. Follow the weather reports and make your decision accordingly. The money gone should really be no issue in comparison to your safety, comfort and welfare while on the island. Unfortunate that the weekend you selected has this issue arise. Would you rather be miserable at home about what you are missing or miserable about what you could be experiencing in SXM after a hurricane. Unless convinced it is going to pass over I would rather be home and visit SXM another time. Sometimes I may not receive the greatest impact directly from the storm, but another area is impacted more so and it will effect my receipt of services. That is just from my experience in NC. People at SXM know more about how hurricanes impact SXM so I am just relaying this info for you to consider. I hope that whatever you decide works out for the best for you.

Last edited by encpirate; 08/21/2015 10:14 PM.