If I was making this trip my only fear would be not getting to my destination...if I knew that the storm was a couple of days out then I would be there in a heartbeat. As was mentioned there would be a few hours of ugly weather and "issues" followed by decent weather and cleanup.

Get non-perishable essentials (including water) on arrival and plan for a couple of uncomfortable days....(only the first warm beer tastes strange). I do not need a cooked meal EVERY day. Bring a battery powered light(s) (and batteries).

If someone has health issues or is unable to get around obviously this would change the situation completely. If you absolutely need AC or your lodging is in a low level flood prone area that would change things. The predicted strength of the storm would change things...while not definite, this storm seems to be weakening not strengthening. It is a game time decision....

This is what I would do and obviously not applicable to everyone....

report 6am today:

ADDITIONAL WEAKENING IS EXPECTED DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS AND DANNY COULD BECOME A TROPICAL STORM ON SUNDAY AS IT APPROACHES THE LOCAL REGION.

ON THE FORECAST TRACK...THE CENTER OF HURRICANE DANNY IS EXPECTED TO PASS JUST SOUTH OF ST. MAARTEN ON MONDAY.

Last edited by boucharda; 08/22/2015 08:07 AM.