Beerman - One thing you will experience in the Cinque Terre is the only thing better than the view is the food.

There is a dish called Frutti di Mare, which is basically whatever seafood is fresh and is served with pasta. Each restaurant does it differently.

I was sitting at a small taverna in Portovenere (small town 5 KM west of CT) along the seawall. I asked the waiter what was in the Frutti di Mare today (I am allergic to scallops). He looked over his shoulder and ran down to a fishing boat that just pulled in. I had to follow... The white container on the bottom right was the Frutti di Mare of the day. Sooooooooo good!

[Linked Image]

You will love Liguria! But do not tell anybody – let them keep going to Tuscany, Amalfi Coast, and Rome. Liguria is so nice. The Cinque does get a fair share of tourist, but nothing like the other places mentioned.

If you like the sea and the food that comes from it - Liguria is an amazing place.

“Every time I open a bottle of wine, it is an amazing trip somewhere!” José Andrés