Too funny, Carol. The last time we were there we were meeting someone, (which is a whole other story since I actually had written down the wrong meeting place, right Norm?) and we arrived fairly early and we were able to snag one of the few parking spaces out front.

As we pulled in We noticed a guy sitting out front of the place next door (almost in front of where we parked...) sharpening a machete and watching us. As we got out of the car and started to enter The Palms the guy got up and walked in front of our car.

Being as naive as I can sometimes be, I thought he was extending a greeting to us so I wished him a good afternoon and headed into the Palms. DH, having taken a slightly different read of the mans intentions than I did, immediately asked the owners if we were parked in the wrong place and he assured us that we were fine and he really had two spaces out front and we were in one of them.

Once we were seated we kept watching and the guy next door kept checking out our car as he continued sharpening his machete. I'm sure it was our own preconceived sensibilities and I'm sure the man meant us no harm but it made for a very uncomfortable hour and quite truthfully, I couldn't wait to leave when our hour of wait time was up.

But again, the apps we had were good.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."