daveb7 said:
Water pressure low today, can't wash my hair let's go out to the N7 and block traffic. Too much seaweed on the beach, lets go out to the N7 and block traffic. Wifi way to slow today let's go out to the N7 and block traffic. Let's raise the minimum wage to 40 bucks an hour by blocking traffic on the N7.
Any form of civil disobedience that delays or prevents emergency vehicles from responding to emergencies is illegal in all civilized countries.

I'm sure this thread will get shut down soon. This is a very ridiculous comment (I'm not calling you ridiculous, I don't know you. But your comment is). I actually took the time to read up and talk to people to see what the protest was all about, because my first reaction was "well, this is NOT a good idea." But once I got the facts, I fully support what they did.

They let emergency vehicles and police thru
They never threatened violence (far as I could see, that was just a rumor)
Their cause was just.

I wouldn't support this type of action for any old grievance, but for this? Every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Now, if I were on vacation, would I be upset? Yes. But I would get over it. Because I have empathy, and I don't just see the local populace of a place I visit as nice people to look at or nice people who are there to simply serve me. What's happening right now is BS and if you think that things wouldn't get worse on the island if this PLU went thru, I have a nice bridge to sell you in Brooklyn.