|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,952
Posts342,022
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 5,344
Joined: February 2007
|
|
|
14 members (SkipperC, boucharda, Fraser, ggffrr11, REH, Pltraveler, Nez, golda1, SteveH, jazzgal, theden, Kmon, Rover, 1 invisible),
389
guests, and
136
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,734 Likes: 25
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,734 Likes: 25 |
I used to worry mainly around dusk and dawn, where I'd always wear long pants and shirtsleeve to make attack by marauding mosquitoes somewhat more difficult. Unfortunately the vector for Chikungunya (Aedes aegypti) is also a day feeder, so that preventative measure doesn't work all that well. While using DEET or other sprays/salves is an alternative for short stays, I'm there 6 months of the year so prefer not to; and fortunately most of the time the winds in the anchorages do a great job at ensuring mosquito-free zones aboard.
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
|
|