Dolphinsarecool said:
Instead of debating cruisers vs TS owners (or others who stay for days or weeks at a time) how about considering the effect of ALL non-residents on those who live & work here and are constantly delayed by people blocking traffic to take pictures or driving like a snail.
Locals, whose jobs may have nothing to do with the tourist industry, are inconvenienced by the demands of people who give no thought to their hosts. The back-ups around Sunset Beach Bar have been discussed many times here but are far from the only example of selfish behavior.

See, I don't see this as selfish behavior. Your on a cruise, they pack you on a bus, drop you off in a tiny area meant for 1/3 the amount of people there. It's not the tourists fault, it's the cruise line and the establishment for allowing it, they are to blame for the "locals" being late for work. This is the "piss poor planning" I have been mentioning. I did a cruise and stopped in STT, took ferry to St. John, our group was maybe 30, we were in little open air vans, (correct size for the roads), then brought to a beach for lunch, we weren't packed like sardines, because there was a limit on the amount of people the establishment could handle. Seems like the mentality is to get as many people there as possible and who cares about the experience, but the days of the tourist season being short is over. Idk what the answer is.