Carol I follow the government follies like a religion because it does have bearing on the cost of living as well as the enjoyment of life for all on the island so when I give info it is usually something that has been in print time & time again. There have been three, I believe, separate Integrity reports on government & its functioning & not one of them was positive especially when regarding the port, the airport & GEBE.

It is true I did not factor in cruise visitors who might become stay overs but since government keeps no real figures on anything that is not a known number therefore I could not include it..

For me the ultimate question is how beneficial are the large amounts of cruise ships coming in for the guy on the street & the answer is not positive since nothing really gets,passed down. However, the negative part of the large influx of people, busses, etc. is definitely huge on the general population.

Again let me reiterate I cruise so please don't jump on me for being snobby or whatever, I am just giving my opinion based on many years living here & following, or should I say trying to follow, where the port fees end up & for whose benefit.....