Pat,
That is the danger with a poll like this. The intent is just to find out which side of the island each person spends their time at, or the side THEY like better. But what happens is pretty soon it turns into an argument about which SIDE is better. And of course, that will turn into a very passionate debate, and we all know how that ends.
IMHO, those debates are silly, since we all don't like the exact same things. Some like peace and quiet, others want bustle and party time. What is perfect for you, I may not like at all. And so it goes.
It is hard to not respond when someone slights your personal favorite place, but I always look at it like this, "If someone says they would never go to xxxxxx, great by me, one less person I have to share it with." ;-)

My only experience with the Dutch side, is from what I've read in this forum. I have done the exact same thing on all 3 of my cruise stops. Hail a taxi, go to Club O, hail a taxi, get back on the ship. So not only do I know nothing about the Dutch side, I really also know nothing about the French side. As I mentioned, I am hoping to get a couple of polls up that I hope will get the same interest as this thread. Those polls will let people anonymously select what they like about the island.