Charlie,
I agree that where you spend your time is more defining of what a person is looking for on the island. But, when you look at the responses many, nay, most, of the people are on both sides much of their time. For many it is probably hard for them to say which side they spend more time on. The answer would depend on what they were looking to do any given day. But housing is pretty close to binary. You are either on one side or the other. I also am assuming that people are choosing their lodging to be closer to the things they want to do most. For instance, I have inferred from the forum(s) that the Dutch side has a more active night life. If I want to dance/drink into the late night (I don't), and not drive across the island after I am done, I think I need to stay on the Dutch side. Does that mean all of the people who stay on the Dutch side are looking to party? Of course not. In your case, it looks like you are saying the TYPE and FIT of lodging you need is more important than which side of the island you find it. That is certainly understandable, and in that case, this poll would distort your response.

To reiterate, I wasn't looking to start a war over which side is better. I just wanted a light-hearted snapshot of where people lodge, and if they mostly prefer one side or the other. I think that has been pretty successful, but in the end, I also know the responses really have no meaning, in addition to being a very small sample size.

I desperately want to come to the island for a couple of weeks. I am looking into sharing a villa, hotels, VRBO, condo, etc. I have not looked into it yet, but I would assume there is a rental market out there for TS units, something like the VRBO site. The poll was to help me get an idea of where people on this board, who I have read for a few years now, find lodging.