Another first post from a thankful reader of the forum…

My wife and I are heading to BVI to spend two weeks in early March on a Moorings 382 monohull. This will be our first trip to the BVI and are really looking forward to it. We are just starting our tentative routing, and would love to hear some advice and other options. One concern we do have is that this time appears to coincide with US spring breaks, and wonder if things will be exceptionally mad/crowded.

We had planned on the classic anti-clockwise routing, but wonder if, in crowded circumstances, it might be better to go clockwise? All of our sailing is in the UK Solent, so beating into a bit of wind against tide is not something that bothers us - if the result is a quiet anchorage (or a choice mooring in a very lively one). Seems to me that you will meet more people this way. I note a few forum members are there the same time, so would be nice to meet up.

Going anti-clockwise, we thought two nights on Norman, one each on Peter and Cooper, Savannah Bay, three in North Sound, two in Anegada, Marina Cay, two on JVD, Cane Garden Bay and last night at our favourite place from the first week in Drake’s Channel. Clockwise route would be the reverse, with a first night in either Peter Island or Soper’s Hole. These both work out to have us in Leverick Bay for the Jumbies on Friday night. We used to live in Trinidad, and know they are not to be missed.

Items on our must do list are: Indians, Caves, Rhone, Cistern Point, Baths, Gumption’s tour, Loblolly, Cow Wreck, Monkey Point, Sandy Spit. Places to eat/drink are: Pirates Bay, Willie T, most of North Sound, Wonky Dog, pub crawl of JVD, Quitos.

Wow – it looks like a lot when I write it all down – luckily we will be on Island time, so if we never leave the first mooring it will still be good. Any fine tuning suggestions?

With thanks,

[Linked Image]