Hi Everyone,
Thank you for your kinds words once again... Every year I get busier and busier.
I am trying my very best to keep the standard of service I like to offer and make sure every order get the required attention.
Club O- Nothing has changed. Generally after you place the order you need to provide me your flight arrival details we show up at the time you register and once you have checked in the security will put all the groceries in the golf cart and assist us to bring it to your room...
I sometimes gets emails asking about the price points ... My recommendation is please do not compare our prices to grocery store prices. This is a service of convenience and it is not only a labor intensive job but a challenging one at that.
Please bear with me but I want to take some time and explain here why the cost are higher and what the surcharge covers for me...

From the time you place the order to the time it gets into the villa /resort, the process goes through several steps. In any given week we receive about 20 -25 orders per week with the exception of Christmas week when we received 32 orders on Saturday and 38 on Sunday ( which is not our typical order number ).
I then consolidate the list for shopping and one of my staff members goes to shop for the heavy items and the alcohol and another team your regular groceries.
We try to buy everything that is dry prior to delivery date and visit several shops to accomplish this task. While we are shopping new orders come in as well and then I have to go through similar process to complete the shopping for those additional orders all over again… the rest of the shopping is done on the date of delivery. The list then gets detailed out as to what needs to be purchased on the date of delivery like meats, vegetables and diary etc .

In the background I call the villas / resorts to arrange for pre- stocking and this by itself is a huge challenge for us as there is check in/check out situation and we have deliveries all over the island on both sides. Timing for delivery is critical as people are not always available at the time we want to delivery so we have to go early sometimes as early as 7:00 AM when the maids are there.

When we have about 15- 20 deliveries in a day this is a challenge by itself considering we deliver all over the island. Each company we work with have different rules and regulations and we have to be flexible to abide my their rules to ensure we can get the deliveries done ... Often we are told the room will not be ready till 1:00 PM or later especially the time share resorts in which case it is a waiting game...

All the orders needs to then go through quality control ... we then have to email clients with items we cannot find after checking various stores and suggest alternatives.

On the day of delivery my team meets at the ware house sometimes as early as 6:00 AM, we prepare the orders while one person is shopping at the grocery store to buy the fresh items... All cold items are individually placed in cooler bags with ice packs and then the delivery team comes to pick up the orders ...They then go in different directions based on the route and start delivering.

Believe me since I have done it all I know the challenges they face... They will go to resort and the kitchen is not cleaned ... Mount Vernon hotel condos a challenge of its own… if you have stayed in one of those condos you know what I am talking about… we often have to wait for the villas to be ready and rush to the next villa to ensure we are not keeping people waiting… as the arrangements have already been made for specific times , , traffic delays and several other scenarios that will take me too long to mention( road conditions etc…)
Bottom line we go through a lot of challenges not just physical labor but the all the co-ordination and attention to detail we need to adhere to ensure the client experience is a good one....
End result: Our guest walk into their villa / resort after a long day of travel and can enjoy a cold beer / snack etc and start their vacation in style!
I took the time to explain this because often I am told my prices a higher and all of this work and cost of labor has to be paid and I still need to remain profitable...
I am there every step of the way to ensure everything goes according to plan and to ensure mistakes are identified, customers contacted and problems fixed if any...
I then come home and spend at least two hours answering emails and getting ready for the next day deliveries
I do hope you can understand now why we have to surcharge in order to ensure we can offer the service that I offer.

Need your groceries delivered ?
Order your groceries online @
www.shopndropgrocerysxm.com