Bow said:
Very entertaining thread.

I especially like the part where Subaqua says he has sailed “1,000’s of miles” in 5 years.

Just off the top of my head, I've sailed a Trans-Atlantic Delivery, Hawaii to LA Delivery, Seattle to LA Delivery, 5 deliveries up the Coast of Mexico back to LA, 3 LA to SF’s, 6 Newport to Nantucket, over 50 shorter deliveries in the SoCal area, taught sailing for 9 seasons (part time) in NYC Harbor and 4 seasons in MDR, CA, done 13 or so charters, 7 Santa Barbara – King Harbor Races, 3 Ensenadas, one Islands Race, 4 Stamford/Vineyard Races, over 1,000 buoy races, grew up sailing on Nantucket and figure I’ve sailed about 25,000 miles in over 40 years.

I’ve calculated that in an average charter in the BVI you sail less than 100 miles – the last charter I did was St. Lucia to Grenada and I don’t think that was more than 200 miles or so.

You must have been very busy, Subaqua.

BTW, the best sailing advice is “Start first and increase your lead.”

Glad you like it...
Yes, we've been busy... 6 to 10 weeks every year on the boat.. not just hanging around the BVI.. last time in the BVI we went to St. Croix and back so that was about what.. 80 miles in just a couple of days out of 4 weeks in the area..back and forth and around the usvi and the bvi... Same with when we've gone to St Martin.. then it's 300 miles or more.. in a short time.. Barts, eustatius, nevis, kitts, antigua.. same thing happens when we do grenada, or st lucia.. guadeloupe.. belize, or thailand, or wherever... we're not your average charterers.. So yeah, it's been interesting.. and now we're way beyond where we were 5 years ago, and been through a lot of interesting days and nights.. We could tell stories.. but thankfully most all the bad ones are ones we've heard on #16.