I received this email this morning from the Moorings. After reading here about the BVI fishing boat registration I wanted to ask the question for my trip in May. Here is the answer I got from them:

Thank you for your inquiry. The BVI has just recently passed a law that requires all charter vessels to be registered as “fishing vessels” in order for a fishing license to be obtained. This law goes in to effect beginning on April 1st. As of right now, since the BVI has just passed this without warning, we do not have the ability to provide a registration for fishing for our charters. We are working diligently with the tourism board and our base to be able to make this happen, but unfortunately, at this time we have no solution. I will add your contact information to a list of people wishing to obtain a fishing license, and as soon as we receive a solution, you will be among the first to be notified. It only takes about 14 days to obtain a license from the government, so it is our hope that we will have this situation rectified before that time window closes.