Been a sunsail/moorings owner for about 5 years now. One thing I have learned is that when this question is asked, the opinions are all over the place. Best advice I can give you is that you need to figure out what you are looking to get out of the program and see that your expectations match reality. As far as that is concerned, the Moorings will give you the straight details with one possible exception - the final value of the boat - that's a big variable. And unless they are willing to guarantee buying it back at a specific number, I'd plan on it being less then you own - at least if you go by their numbers.

Best advice I can give is to go with as short a mortgage as possible, largest down payment possible or pay extra on every payment, or if possible, all of the above smile

Big plus for us was that we rarely used our boat or exact sister boat - we primarily upgraded to catamarans (we own a monohull) so we got great value out of it.

As far as the 12 weeks - they are in points. You use double the points in the high season, so it can be less then 12 weeks. Moorings can provide you all the info on this though as well as upgrades..etc.

Matt