I am trying to book a power cat charter for August. Dates are flexible between late July early Sept. but August for good deals/weather/low crowds so I don't have to worry as much about crowded harbors and mooring balls. Been told not to worry about hurricanes although I know that's not completely true. Been to Jost and Anegada in August and always liked that time, never had bad weather and never experienced anything being closed. What places are closed? Major sites, restaurants, bars, grocery, marinas? I don't care if it's just me and the bartender as long as I can still get a drink! Want to avoid the big festival/holiday week in August but other than that is this time of year going to be an issue?
Boats: Contacted 3 brokers so far. Virgin Traders reviewed my resume and said I'm approved for up to a 52' yacht! That sounds insane to me but okay! I'm really wanting either the Marinemax 382 (2 cabin) or 443 (3 cabin) but second choice would be a Moorings Leopard. So far have 4 of us confirmed and one couple very iffy at this point. Do I be done with it and book the 2 cabin Marinemax which is more expensive, has wifi which I don't care about but is newer and has the water maker which I hear is pretty unreliable or for the same general price go with a Leopard 3 cabin? Confused about which Leopard model because there seem to be 2 different 3 cabin options. Moorings has a new one significantly more expensive, same age as MM slightly more or one from Footloose slightly cheaper than MM but again these are 3 cabin compared to MM 2 cabin. Is it dumb to have extra cabin if it's only 4 of us or good in case last minute I can get another couple on board. Concerns about the Footloose boat being 5-8 years old? I can't sleep trying to make these decisions. No one quoted me with any specials like 10 days for price of 7 or even 1 free day. No free sleep aboard, nothing. Thought there were some nice incentives that time of year. So what boat and why? Book it for 4 and be done or book a 3 cabin and have open possibility for later? MM 382, MM 443, Leopard 393, Leopard 433 seem to be my choices. I am planning a check out capt. for the first day even if not mandatory just to ease my nerves. No one other than Virgin Traders has said they reviewed my resume and given any real confirmation I am good to go. Don't want to get there and someone say I have to have a capt. for the week!

[Linked Image]