I haven't looked at the 433 so can't comment yet. The last time I looked at the Moorings site, there was only the 393PC. Guessing the PCX might have larger engines.

Now, think about this fact: The greatest single run you are likely to make would be from Anegada to Tortola; maybe 20-25 miles. And you are there on holiday, not for a race. While the powercats can supposedly do close to 20mph (many are governed so that they do less) there is really no need to run them much above sailboat speed. We had a 474 with twin 150hp diesels. It ran just great at 8-9 knots. I opened up the throttles on the run from Anegada to Cain Garden Bay and I think it gut up to 12 or 13 knots, but at this faster speed, was noisier and didn't track as well. Even if you are hurrying to an anchorage to catch a mooring ball, you are going in a straight line and most sailboats are not, so you'd get there first even if you left at the same time.

At the end of our trip three years ago, the fuel cost was only about $330 for a typical BVI loop. My point is simply that you don't need larger engines because of the short distances between anchorages and also that fuel cost is minimal unless you run the boat near full throttle.

Back to the 433: If it has a walk through to the front deck, this would be a real convenience compared to having to walk backwards to the cockpit in order to go forward on the boat, which is what you have to do with the older designs.

The watermaker sounds like a good idea, but in itself wouldn't be the deal breaker for me. I think I read someplace that boats that had them never used them much but don't take this as gospel.

Whichever boat you get, I'm sure you will love it. We all look forward to your comments after you return home!