Maybe I can help answer a few of your questions. The Moorings 393 compared to the Marine Max 38. The Moorings boat has a 5 foot wider beam that means a lot as far as the ride and space inside. Both boats have 110 HP Yammars so the speed and economy is about the same. The 393 has a much larger head on the starboard side it has a seperate enclosed shower not a shower toilet combination., and all the sleeping quarters on the 393 are larger than the MM 38. The difference between the 393PC and the 393PCX is the engines. The PC has 110 HP the PCX has 150 hp, I don't think the 150 HP are necessary or worth the extra $. For me the water maker is no big deal with a crew of 4 the water will last us about 4 days so 1 water stop per cruise is not a problem. The wifi I don't care about. I read the comments some people have made on this site and it seems like if they don't have wifi they won't survive. What did they do 10 years ago? To each his own. I go away on vacation to get away not to get on FaceTime every 15 minutes to report what I had for breakfast, how much I love my dog etc.