Believe or not...the LAX/MIA/STT flight was pricing out HIGHER than what I paid for LAX/MIA/SJU/EIS. We just opted to leave earlier on Thursday and overnight at the little SJU airport...which I can certainly stand for 8 hours since we'll need to be up bright and early for the 8:15 a.m. on Seabourne.

Our original flight plan had us on an 11:30 a.m. Seabourne getting us to Beef around 12:15 p.m. and they have now eliminated that option - Seabourne only has the two flights in the earlier a.m. and the two late afternoon flights - nothing in between, even if you look at their own website.
If we did the change and flew into STT, the only realistic flight would get us on the ground at STT at 2:00 p.m. - we still wouldn't likely get to Tortola until after 4 - we really want to be there earlier that day and get everything done so we can be off the dock early on Saturday morning -- so we're just going to leave earlier on Thursday - hey, it means we're avoiding a red-eye too, which is always a good thing! And yes, I know the SJU Airport is not exactly the Ritz Carlton but we were fine there the last time we stayed.

[Linked Image]