Your post says they got the vans "at the cruise dock" - which suggests that the vans were in the port area within the gates and were licensed - but then you refer to "rogue/gypsy drivers," so that suggests maybe these were not licensed taxis and that the vans were hired outside gates. The way that the attitude of the drivers is described makes it sound like gypsy drivers to me but that is just an impression from this telling of the story. Did they get the license numbers to be able to make a report - they should have if they really thought they were being "ripped-off"? Whether gypsy drivers or not, the real question is what the original agreement was and how the drivers acted to get the group to a "very calm beach." Dawn can be very calm or rough, of course. Did these drivers choose Dawn in good faith or did they go to Dawn knowing that it would be unsatisfactory - setting up a bigger fare? What was the original fare - how much more was given to get to another beach? We once got into a gypsy taxi by mistake - I was not paying attention - and were overcharged a little - and I just let it go and paid -- since then I have made sure I was dealing with a licensed taxi - never had any trouble or any misunderstanding with any licensed driver.