As of right now I can't be 100% certain exactly where in proximity to the cruise ship that the 2 vans in question were hired. One thing I am certain of is the adults that comprised this group are more alert than a lot of people I know and are very experienced travelers, that said, knowing the grandfather who would have stepped up to calm everyone down was no doubt more interested in keeping peace rather than engaging in a no one wins type of situation. As I previously said they undoubtably had asked for and were told no problem concerning the beach request. Are we to think that 100% of the taxi's at the cruise terminal would never ever think of taking the long route or charge a bit more than an other taxi.Remember these are not people staying on SXM for a week or longer but their time on Island is countedin hours. Had I known prior to their leaving on vacation that SXM was a destination I definitely would have given them Wilfred's contact info as we have used him like many people here. He is the best. From what I just read to my post, is seems that our friends should be vilified for what happened to them, strange indeed