Hello all, my wife and I have planned a 7 day trip to SXM in May staying at Divi Little Bay. The more I read the more I'm concerned with our safety and getting things stolen from us. Hope some of you can shed some light on this issue. How secure are the hotel safes? I will be bringing my laptop but to only use out of sight in the hotel room. Can I leave items in the hotel room safe without fear of it getting broken into? We also plan on doing snorkeling. Do we need to be worried about our belongings being taken from the beach when we're in the water? Are some beaches safer to go than others? Is the Divi beach safe? My wife also likes to run outside in the morning. Is it safe to run anywhere in the Divi area? We're not late night partiers but will be going to evening dinners of course. Anything we should know in regards to safety.

I assume it's best to rent a car if we're staying there for 7 days. Do you recommend a GPS to get around as to not make any wrong turns that will take us into harms way?

We are planning on doing a private fishing charter and a day trip to Anguilla. Thanks for your help and insight!