klckathy said:
We traveled to Jost in April with a 24pack Polar Bear carry on cooler for the first time. Our flight was delayed TWICE! We didnt get to our destination on time. Everything was nice a frozen. We packed chicken, fish, cookie dough, spaghetti sauce and bacon. We used the blue ice paper from suggestions here on TTOL. They didnt open our bag at customs, just charged us 10.00. They did open the bag in Indy when we departed. Good luck

OK, just ordered my Polar Bear 24 and will carry on burgers/steak/chicken and some tupperware-ish meals (the kids love jambalaya on the boat for some reason!). Can't believe it's taken me this long to try this.

Can I ask, what is the "blue ice paper"?? I searched TTOL and am not finding anything.

The other trick is that we'll be staying at an airport hotel to catch our early morning flight out the next day, so I might pack the PolarBear the night before and maybe get some ice at the hotel and put the whole cooler in the tub, in a bag, surrounded by ice. Or something.