steve74 said:
Wow, those are two over the top responses! Thank you for taking the time to help! Just curious, with an E or SE wind, what makes doing the Baths by boat so challenging? I would not mind the swim from the dinghy mooring if there are no rollers for drop off? Also, if we do the Baths by boat, how far is the walk to the Top of the Baths restaurant?

You will likely not know how many people you will find in the water until you get there. Cruise ships and all kinds of schedules of others come into play. Running a dinghy through swimmers comes with all kinds of issues. Just one could be three females all telling the dinghy driver what to do at the same time as swimmers telling the entire boat what to do and not do. Over the years I have have successfully got many groups near the beach at Devils Bay dropped them off then taken the dinghy back out to the dinghy line and swam in to meet the group. Each year climbing into the dinghy after lunch gets harder. Now we skip the baths, take a car, or use kayaks.

June should be light? But many times when you get there all the balls are taken with boats circling in the crowded mooring field. The area is so open with rocks on one side. Any wave action makes the area uncomfortable to be on a boat.

The Top of The Baths is literally right at the top of the baths. On a perfect day. The crew enters the Baths on the Devils Bay side and climbs up to a late lunch by the pool. The group leisurely hangs there for lunch and drinks until everyone has had their fill. Then with some luck you have the Baths near to yourself for quite climb down through the boulders. Maybe take your Christmas Card pick at a nice quite spot? The take a late in the afternoon run to North Sound. You can race to try and beat the cruise passengers and other tour groups in the morning or with a power cat be the last ones their in the day. Today if we do the baths we try to be the last and not race to be the first of the day.

Each day at the beach is different and there is no way for me to tell how your crew will be at getting on and off the dinghy. So there is no way I am going to type a message telling a family I have never met to bring a dinghy near a beach for drop off. The same would true trying to judge your ability to maneuver and outboard through a pack of cruise ship hippopotamus.

So in June it might be empty and flat calm. Or too rough to get the boat on a mooring, unsafe to leave the boat on a mooring if you get hooked to it, to hard to get in the dinghy, or get anywhere near the shore with an outboard dinghy.

Here is some video of the Devils Bay side when people are there. The other side will likely have far more in the water with each day and hour different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2_TbzU1-Bw

Devil Bay Entrance

Last edited by StormJib; 06/05/2016 12:23 PM.