Final report of our stay in SXM. End of restaurant review and general comments..........

Grand Case, Spicy - After being filled from lunch, we headed to Spicy for a few appetizers, foregoing the entrees that evening.
Mireille and I shared Escargot (again) and a Shrimp appetizer. The Escargot made my wife smile again, except when I tried to
steal one when she wasn't looking. The Shrimp appetizer had large jumbo sized shrimp which was tasty and perfectly cooked.
Associate tasters #1 & 2 split a Caesar Salad. However the salad just made them hungry. So, they split a Seafood over Linguini
dish. Again another quartet of 10's for Olivier and Sophie for a great evening and satisfied stomachs.

Grand Case, L'Estaminet - Mireille and I visited Carole and Ina on Sunday for one of the most pleasant experiences in dining.
We split the Tuna Ravioli appetizer which was recommended to us by previous diners, Associate Tasters # 3 & 4 in our clan.
Unbelievable taste and presentation. One rolled and held together with a skewer over a small glass with a very tasty light
sauce for dipping. The second ravioli was rolled and placed on the plate ready to dip and the third laying flat across greens.
Mireille selected Scallops stuffed with Foie Gras. Totally succulent and mouth watering, a 10+. I chose the Magret de Canard
with a cocoa flavored sauce. The duck breast was cooked to proper tenderness, but I didn't like the cocao sauce. Not sweet
enough for my taste. So, I gave it a nine. We can't wait to get back next year and go at least two or three times. Definitely
in the top two restaurants we visited.

Grand Case, Bistrot Caraibes - My wife's favorite place for Lobster Thermodor and the Anniversary dinner. Mireille picked
out a small Langouste to devour. It was tender and delicious as usual, although she said the cream sauce it was smothered
in was a little thinner than the last few times (years) she has had it. I opted for the Shrimp and Scallop Salad appetizer and
sampled her Langouste, one bite. Associate Taster # 1 also had the Lobster Thermodor which also past the taste test. It was
her first time having Lobster that way. Associate Taster # 2 had the Steak Tenderloin. It came out a little too rare. It was
returned to the kitchen and came back much better. We passed on dessert, but enjoyed some Orange flavored MaDoudou
offered by Thibault and Amaury.

Grand Case, Le Ti Coin Creole - Associate Tasters # 3, 4, 7 & 8 visited on separate nights and enjoyed Carl's beef and fish dishes.
All were adequate and satisfied there taste buds. Good meals, good prices.

Grand Case, Auberge Gourmande - As reported by Associate Tasters # 3 & 4, it was an excellent choice. Pascal has landed on
his feet and hasn't missed a beat since he had some staff changes. We enjoyed the Lamb Chops & Beef Tenderloin with Morrel
Sauce, followed by my favorite dessert wine. Almost forgot, dinner started with a complimentary Champagne Cocktail.

Grand Case, The Pub - Wife and I stopped in for a large juicy cheeseburger and a side of fries. It was past lunch time, the
dinner menu was available. So we decided to stay and have dinner. The Escalope de Veal al la Normande stuck out on the
menu and was our choice. Large, juicy, with tender pieces of veal smothered in a Cognac, mushroom cream sauce which
was excellent beyond our expectations. We both trouble finishing the dinner and had to leave some fries on the plate.
Our waiter, Fernando was pleasant, attentive and made our stay pleasing. Nice surprise for us, plus it wasn't expensive.

Orient Bay, Orange Fever - Associate Tasters # 1 & 2 stopped by and lunched on two Cheeseburgers and Fries.
Great portions at a reasonable price. Will return next year. Feet in the sand while eating good food.

NOTE : Made many recommendations for Spicy and L'Estaminet. All that followed our lead reported excellent dinners and
a great time. There was one couple who stopped by our room at GCBC after dining at Spicy to tell how much they enjoyed
Sophie and their dinners. SPICY & L'Estaminet were the TOP TWO recommendations for dining from all of our Associate
Tasters during our three week overlap on SXM.

RESTAURANTS MISSED - Sol de Luna, Auberge Gourmande (Sorry Pascal, not enough time for us), Poulet de D'Orleans (closed),
Peg Leg Pete's, Cito's, Mary's Boon, Le Coppelia in Concordia, L'lle Flottante and Capt. Frenchy's. Those were on our list to
visit and will be again next year.

Again, these are our experiences as we had them. They are in no way made to discredit any of the facilities visited.
We could have had a "off night" as could have any restaurant. I'm sure others will dispute or be upset on my report. So be it,
you like vanilla, I like chocolate. Or if you prefer, the Phillies or the Yankees. We like to go gourmet a little on vacation.
Something a lot of us don't do on a regular basis when we are at home. We also visit local establishments from LOLO's to
local haunts and Hot Dog stands. Overall this was our best SXM vacation. We can't wait to come "home" again. This is surely
a magical island. Thanks to all our friends we have acquired over the years and the new ones met this year that helped us
make the trip memorable.

Grand Case Beach Club - Many thanks to Steve Wright, GM, his wife Marga and the entire staff at GCBC. Roselyn, Patsy,
Christine, Maureen, Benjamin, Nicky, Malele, Maria (hope your break mends soon), all the household staff, to Laurant and
Sebastian at the water sports shack and to all who support Steve and Marga into making GCBC a great, comfortable, pleasant,
and safe place to stay and enjoy the island of St. Martin.
To the Sunset Café, Chantal, Alexandre, Laurant, Judith and the rest of the staff, thank you. Pictures coming soon for your book.

Finally, our friends and party people at GCBC ; Debby & Joel, Lisa & Steve, Shirley & Carl, Trudy & Joe, Don & Jeanette,
Frabel & Ed and all those who I forgot to mention who joined us either in the water or at our gatherings, thanks for a sharing
your friendship and making it a memorable fun time. See you next year.

Time is passing, no better place to watch it go by than in St. Martin !