Traveltalkonline.com Forums

. >


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,072
Members27,641
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 30
RonDon 28
mahokid 25
erb923 24
GaKaye 20
kim 18
Member Spotlight
Cincinnati_Kid
Cincinnati_Kid
Cincinnati area
Posts: 1,390
Joined: January 2003
Today's Birthdays
gaynorsxm, gwclou, stoneyusaf, voyager, Wahnfried
Who's Online Now
16 members (mahokid, Steve&Rachel, Rumlover, hokiesailor, rglugeth, dcareri, Kennys, Compskier, 2tannedfannies, 7 invisible), 464 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#114221 12/09/2016 02:10 PM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 926
Likes: 1
C
charlie Online Content OP
Traveler
OP Online Content
Traveler
C
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 926
Likes: 1
Is it common for St. Thomas hotel's to charge your credit card the full amount for a room you book way in advance? Last year I booked a room with Windward Passage five month's in advance, and our card was charged the full amount almost immediately after I hung up. And just now we checked our on-line credit card account and Island Beachcomber has charged the card the full amount for a room I called to book for late May '17 for our last night near the airport. Again, almost immediately after I hung up. Is this common? Do all hotel's do this in the USVI ,or am I paying someone's salary in advance?

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,100
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,100
I've never paid in advance when booking directly with the hotel, but always do when it's through a re-seller.

I have not stayed at the Beachcomber tho.

Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 48
N
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
N
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 48
I recently booked for 2 nights and was charged 50% upfront. I think I recall seeing at the time of booking that if you only book one night, you have to pay 100% upfront. So that may be why. We usually go to SXM and many places do charge a percentage upfront or by a certain date prior to arrival.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5