|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,954
Posts342,078
Members27,641
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 333
Joined: April 2013
|
|
|
8 members (Rjkeltay, rpotter28, LAB57, jrw, KC2SXM, DBESXM, 2 invisible),
679
guests, and
59
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 603 Likes: 1
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 603 Likes: 1 |
I have a FF mile possibility - it involves AA with a 9 hour layer (over night) at a mainland airport. I know it sounds crappy but the price is right. The question is: I arrive at 10:30 pm and fly out the next morning at 6:00 am. The ticket is sold as a continuation flight (I guess). What I am hoping is, they will keep my luggage and I can remain inside security. Any thoughts on this? thx, rrs
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 942 Likes: 2
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 942 Likes: 2 |
I had a similar layover on AA and I had to claim my luggage upon arrival at the connecting airport and recheck it the following morning. You might call AA and ask them.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 248
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 248 |
We did this once and claimed our luggage
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 407
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 407 |
I seem to remember that if your layover is under a certain number of hours they can hold your luggage for you, but you might have to request to have it checked through when checking in at the airport. Can't recall the max number of hours they can hold it but I am thinking it is 12 or so and I don't know if it applies to all airlines - but we generally fly American so it was likely them.
Last edited by snmhanson; 02/01/2017 10:33 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,213
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,213 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|