Day 0 - Arrive and meet our crew and guests coming off a week on Catatonic at Yacht Haven Grande. We enjoyed brunch and my wife especially enjoyed the bottomless mimosas at the Fat Turtle. After a swim in the pool and picking up a few provisions we took Catatonic out to Buck Island for an afternoon of snorkeling (and some post mimosa napping for my wife). What a sunset:

[Linked Image]

We sailed back to Yacht Haven Grande for the night since there was a Haiti benefit party. We donated some time on Cataotonic for the auction and I understand they raised over $12,000 in ticket sales alone. Not sure how much more the auction items brought in, but it all went to a good cause.

We hosted a friend and the rest of his DMAT team (administering H1N1 vaccines in the islands for a few weeks) on board Catatonic and introduced a lot of the mainlanders to Painkillers. Fortunately, they had a designated driver since most of them were feeling no pain on their last night in the VIs.

Day 1 - Sunday

We left YHG and headed for St. John. We encountered a water spout over Caneel Bay en route and got this photo with King's Ransom on a mooring:

[Linked Image]

and then settled into Cinnamon Bay for lunch and some kayaking from Catatonic. We set up the SCUBA gear to take a dive, but found the afternoon just passed us by.

[Linked Image]

Leinster was our next destination and this provides another great opportunity for snorkeling, beachcombing, and kayaking. SCUBA tanks still sat idle. Dinner consisted of whiskey marinated steaks and fresh made margaritas. The wind picked up overnight, but we were snug and slept quite soundly.

Day 2 - Monday

We woke up to quite a breezy morning. Instruments indicated 25+ knots, so we tucked in closer in Leinster. More kayaking around the bay followed by a fast sail back to Red Hook on the jib only...35+ knots and following seas and we were doing 8 knots without the main. Red Hook was a little rough, but we ended up digging the hook in to secure Catatonic for our crew to come back aboard before heading back out that evening.

Short, but sweet. I think we have mastered the DIF three day weekend getaway.