It has been a great two weeks. Monsoons to start the trip and decent rain/clouds/sun today and GREAT weather in between. 410p flight to BOS tomorrow on JB in seats 3A/B

We made many trips to our favorite beach Happy Bay which, I fear, will not be the same after the hoards engulf it for a 5 day concert etc. in March. For the life of me i can't figure out what brainiac decided to ruin such a remote place. Equating it with Soggy Dollar Bar etc. as a venue is a major "Duh" in my mind...

I must say that traffic this year is probably the worst I have seen it. The Cole Bay area is ALWAYS backed up in the afternoon...yesterday on our way to HB (1pm) we got over the new bridge fine but the traffic going by Port de P was backed up all the way to the 1st roundabout entering Marigot. Good thing we were going the other way. On the way back it was backed up across the new bridge to the airport roundabout. Airport road was equally as bad. No bridge openings to blame..just too many cars. 1pm to 6pm forget about it...Weekends are fine.

Sunset Beach improvements are impressive. They have put a lot into the place. Not my favorite to do anything except watch some sand tumblers get blasted but still an impressive improvement.

We had a couple of nice early dinners at Lee's and will be sad if they are not there next year. I really enjoy sitting in the back tables looking at the fleet and dreaming about buying "Huntress"...not the biggest (198 ft.) but a great looking ship and, unfortunately, a wee bit out of my price range

Kim Sha Beach on Friday nights is a great family experience. Local families gather and the kids have a great time playing and watching movies. Fireball is smaller than in the past but still interesting AND a great view of the sunset dipping behind all the sail craft in the Bay. relaxing place to eat and drink.

Walking Simpson Bay Beach is a great way to make your new FitBit or new Smartphone happy. My Samsung S7 basically calls me a stiff if I don't get my daily 6000 steps in...the walk is a peaceful and pleasurable contact with sand.

Speaking of smartphones. I always take two cameras with me on my travels...Canon EOS 70D and an great old pocket S95 but this year 95% of my pics were with the phone. I think old trusty S95 will be residing in MA on our next trip. Much easier to upload since all pics magically appear online on Google AND Amazon photos and are even viewable on TV, .

Anyway (can you tell it's raining out), I'll shut up and just post a few remaining pics.

No cows at Happy Bay but there was a traffic jam on the way back

[Linked Image]

Kim Sha Friday Night

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My dream boat...Huntress (from the table at Lee's)

[Linked Image]

"Don't be a wimp...order it spicy"

[Linked Image]