Bacchus Saint Martin
1 hr ·
Good evening everyone, not too used to post or post and open my mouth (on FB I mean of course! 😎 ) so I will do my best and give you news of the situation on our so beautiful island that is well disfigured and in very big uneasiness since the last 6 days.
The information you hear is not the exact reflection of the situation. It is true that it tends to improve maybe a bit since this afternoon but we had reached such a point that it could not be worse. So we get all gently towards a semblance of normal but we are very far from what you can hear clamor by the Ministry of the Interior.
Not many services of gendarmerie, firemen, military, civil security ... etc, have indeed arrived well and begin their heavy tasks.
From our side we have made available all our premises of the express by bacchus to all these services since we were lucky that this building appears almost unscathed from the passage of Irma "the bitch".
So the express is also the site frequented by all the French media that you broadcast these beautiful and good news, given that we have juice, wifi but also air conditioning &#128517; &#128517; </ s > .
So more than 250 men have taken up their quarters in the Aventura Center that Bruno Blandin kindly put at their disposal and the express has become the canteen, the HQ and a cool pause area for all these teams.
The great means so promised by our government are there, I assure you.
We are very happy and we must already thank them and pay tribute to them for all that they come and will do to get us out of this terrifying situation, it will not be a meager task and they are all extraordinary people who, we must respect and help as much as possible.
Finally the curfew is also established (incredible it will have to wait more than 96 hours). It is in place from 7pm to 7am and from what I saw tonight it looks rather like being respected. It must also be said that all its poor oppressed looters are still tired after these 4 days and nights of organized bandit banditry, but also in family! Yes, Dad, Mom, Little Brother and Little Sister are going to fly with their family, it's a good time together, and it's also very instructive and educational for future generations, knowing that there will be other cyclones Antilles. &#128561;
The services are put in place and it should progress a bit, on the other hand I still find it difficult to understand where all the forces of order that we were announced. Indeed from Grand Case to Terres basses on returning tonight at 19.30 (big naughty that I am of course the road after the curfew is in place) finally nothing serious because I saw in all and for all 6 gendarmes on a course of 20 kms and they were behind a car in front of a petrol station. I want to believe that they have a monster job and run everywhere, but since the beginning of this hell, everyone is asking the same question "or are they?
Without disconcerting we see them frankly more often and in number on Sunday evening in return from beach or boat out to blow us in the balloon that during these last 5 days. However, since there are no more beaches and almost more boats floating, we should be immune to these control problems for a few months or even a few years.
Finally, I do not "break" at all the gendarmes for whom I have great esteem, for their job and their mission to protect us, but I really think their hierarchy does not ask the right questions and we to prove the lack of coordination in the first 72 hours of this "conflict".
To yes, before I forget, something absolutely amazing and amusing, but I swear it is true. I met young gendarmes very nice and had a big day, they asked me if I had not 9 mm balls because they do not have enough endowment and end up with 2 chargers for their mission complete ... well it should be enough since we all know that they do not have the right to use their weapon </s> .
So I spent my little teasing side with the police, it still had to go out despite my deep respect for uniform and authority! &#128110;
To come back to that day, well there were always nasty looters on Hope Estate, yes yes, they have not finished taking everything and the fact that there are people around does not bother them at all, with all impunity they continue to steal from us by nodding our poor gendarmes who are only playing the cat and the mouse. Note given the number of looters, it would take them a truck just to take the handcuffs with them &#128514; &#128514; </ s > . And then put them on or all those "naughty" ones! Prison is not there, hotel rooms ... moreover &#129315; &#129315; &#129315; and go through the justice? ... hum I think it's like hotel rooms &#128537; .
Finally it's going to be easy to rebuild with more than one DIY store and building materials with hardware, given that they all without exception were vandalized. It is true that it is perfectly justified to smash a store that sells tiles under the pretext that one is hungry or that one is thirsty. &#128545;
So I'm going to have to go to the beautiful merchant quarters of the island if you want to find cheap equipment "bal bel oued style".
And yes, people cry to help in front of the garbage that has sprayed our businesses, but unfortunately often the same will go and then buy stolen equipment from these scoundrels knowing full well that it will have been stolen taking these plunder parts post IRMA , but hey we'll say "it was a good move and then there is more on the island".
So much for reassuring little news that I wanted to give you, it is finally a big blow of blood and an incredible pain in the bottom of the heart that came out and that I needed to evacuate. I am not the only one, I have seen many of my friends or neighbors of Hope Estate who have a lot on the potato and are wondering if it is worth repeating after such a mess. YES YES YES, I tell them that you have to roll up your sleeves and fight to get to all these garbage that we are not cowards like them and that we love this island more than anything.
Good day to all, and promised I send the real good news of there will be.
Benj.