Our trip begain 7/2/11 when we traveled to the Wyndham in Newark from Royersford, PA (outside Philly). We have found this is our best option, flying non stop on Continental. Our flight was on time, it was a smooth flight (even though the pilot was flying around two tropical storms) didn't even need my second “little helper” pill…

As my husband says, his trip officially begins when he sees Lesley's smiling face (Kenny's Car Rental). He is clearly the best. We arrived at Club Orient for check in quickly. We had studio #19. The unit is in a perfect location, almost considered beachfront to me. The unit itself sorely needed some updating, however, it was only steps to our coveted yellow umbrella and chairs.

We ate at Papagayo the first night. We stated with a tomato/mozzarella salad with herb dressing. I had beef burgandy and my hubby had dover sole. Both served with potato, and a delicious blend of shredded veggies. We shared key lime pie. The bill was $84 w/ tip. After dinner we took a walk around the premises in anticipation of the 12 day onslaught of cream, butter and croissants..(major French food groups).

Friday up early for groceries. Drove over to Porto Cupecoy for breakfast at Ernest & Fidel's. Hubby had tutti frutti pancakes, with a side of bacon. I had scrambled eggs with ham and cheese. Hubby wanted grapefruit juice, which they were out of, so they made him fresh squeezed orange juice on the house! Nice touch. Good service. Bill was $25 with tip. Rest of the day was on the beach. This was our first trip to SXM in the summer, usually we go in November. Gotta say, loved that warm, warm water. Dinner was in our studio, fettuccine with some French sausage, salad and bread and the ever present bottle of wine. We ate on the patio with a very starry sky for company.

Saturday was a little stormy, with a tropical wave off shore. Breakfast at home, lunch at home (something on a baguette...forget what it was...however, anything is good on a baguette). Dinner was at Le Piment in Orient Village. Nice spot, friendly faces, good service. We shared a salad..it was a tar-tine with fig jam, goat cheese, chorizo on top of greens, then had pizza with onions, garlic, cheeses and bacon (I think that covers most of the foods that build strong bodies 12 ways..haha). Had complimentary shot of rum; bill was $63 w/tip.

Sunday, beautiful day. Breakfast in room...Stayed a little too long in the sun today, but a couple of hurricanes from the Perch took away our pain. I cooked an eye roast for dinner tonight.

Monday, another lovely day. Went for beach walk, stopped for a pain a chocolat and a couple almond croissants (well, nuts ARE good for you). Tonight was the wine and cheese party, stayed at Papagayo for dinner (burgers), listened to some music.

Tuesday was a beach day. Dinner at Tutta Pasta in Simpson Bay. I have to tell you, what a nice evening. The owner, Warren, was funny and warm and the food good. We shared a fried zucchini appetizer and I had Neopolitan Lasagna and hubby had fettucine with a creamy cheese, butter and ham sauce. Both delicious. Warren treated us to free after dinner drinks (White Russians). Dinner was a reasonable $49 w/tip. Certainly a great dinner, good company.

Wednesday early breakfast at LaCroissanterie (a favorite). Filled crepe for me, continental breakfast for hubby. Good service, bill $30 w/ tip. Did some shopping at the market; hubby bought a nice hand screened Tshirt. Then off to Longchamps for a new handbag. Now hubby thinks why isn't one handbag enough (husbands) however, he's a gem, so off to Longchamps we go. I bought a cute tote that was actually $45 less than department stores at home. I was happy, and when the wife is happy...well, you know the rest. Lunch was at Ethnic. Very impressed with this new place; good service. We had french burgers (topped with camembert cheese, caramelized onions, and aioli (garlic mayo), on multi grain bun. Served with fries and delicious cole slaw. Had a couple of beers and iced tea. Bill was $36 with tip. Treated to complimentary shot of vanilla rum. Tonight we cooked in.

Thursday, beach day. Dinner was at Enold's in Grand Case. A first for us, but not a last. Great local place, on the beach (even collected some beach glass). Wonderful ribs, steak, potatoes, rice, salad and drinks. The owner and waitress very friendly..Bill was $48 w/ tip; certainly a bargain.

Friday breakfast at LaAstrolobe at Esmerelda. Nice setting; breakfast was so-so..served continental style buffet. You could add eggs, bacon, etc. for a little extra. Croissants, breads, fruit, juice, etc., for $34. Dinner tonight was a Tap 5 chicken.

Saturday was a beach day. Dinner was at Paradise View. We shared a salad of goat cheese, apples, walnuts. I had a steak, hubby had chicken. Served with potatoes sauteed in garlic and veggies. Couple glasses of wine, and two cocktails. Bill was $86 w/tip. Nice dinner, view, service.

Sunday, our last full day..spent on the beach. We love Club Orient so much. It is always the most truly relaxing vacation we take all year and look forward to it with great anticipation. The staff at Club O are steller and everything went smoothly. Tonight we had dinner at Papagayo, steak kabob and filet mignon, served with potatoes, sauteed cabbage, and half a broiled tomato topped with cheese and breadcrumbs. Very tasty...Bill around $85.

Monday..time to go..No issues with travel home. Had some awesome no-line tans too! Till next time...

..."there's this one particular harbor"....