Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,951
Posts342,020
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 34
RonDon 33
mahokid 32
erb923 28
kim 18
Member Spotlight
Posts: 256
Joined: January 2004
Today's Birthdays
FrogtownRoadCat3
Who's Online Now
4 members (SXMScubaman, hokiesailor, Rumlover, caribfan), 1,050 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#156238 03/06/2018 09:43 PM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 100
Likes: 1
Calvin Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 100
Likes: 1
Every time we visit Virgin Gorda we rent a car and drive to Copper Mine Point. We did that again last May. Now we are wondering if the old smoke stack is still standing after two major hurricanes. Have any of you gone out there recently? Is it still standing? Was it damaged? I know there are more important things to be concerned about, but that landmark is special to the the BVI. Thanks in advance for any reply's.

BVI Sponsors
.
Calvin #156248 03/07/2018 08:54 AM
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 294
Likes: 2
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 294
Likes: 2
I think I saw a picture of it online last week and it looked undamaged.

Kmon #156310 03/08/2018 07:11 AM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 100
Likes: 1
Calvin Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 100
Likes: 1
Thanks! I did a web search and couldn't find any recent information. I think you are correct because if it was damaged, we would have heard about it. I have pictures of it, some going back 30 years. My plan is to attempt to gather them (big job) and make prints that document it's condition over the years. Another project, just what I need. Anyway, I will try to share the results with the forum when completed.

Calvin #156341 03/08/2018 12:16 PM
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 108
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 108
I was there in January and we went there. I can't remember what it was like before but it seemed to be in good shape!

JlarsBVI #156359 03/08/2018 02:07 PM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 100
Likes: 1
Calvin Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 100
Likes: 1
It's great to read that JlarsBVI. Thanks.

Calvin #156899 03/16/2018 08:31 AM
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 19
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 19
It was still standing last week! :-)



[Linked Image]
Calvin #156928 03/16/2018 01:53 PM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 100
Likes: 1
Calvin Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 100
Likes: 1
Thanks Nobbie! At this point with two positive observations, I think an earthquake is a bigger threat than a monster hurricane is.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5