Member Spotlight
onlymedication
onlymedication
Jacksonville, FL, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Dutchman, hathead, lookinatfifty, Lovetheocean, LuSea
Who's Online Now
19 registered members (DanS, SXMScubaman, MNsnowbird, Pitt1, Rumlover, SeeDiver, BenP, eightzerobits, steve74, Kennys, Midsouth, 8 invisible), 848 guests, and 71 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
2018 couples San Souci April 5-12 #158927
04/13/2018 09:41 PM
04/13/2018 09:41 PM
missouri
Cathyg Offline OP
Traveler
Cathyg  Offline OP
Traveler
missouri
2018 couples San Souci April 5-12

We left STL at 7:20 and flew to Charlotte. We left Charlotte at 11:30 and arrived Montego Bay 2:00. We checked in at the couples’ desk and waited about 5 minutes. Steve went to Margaritaville just outside and got our traditional margarita for the ride to the resort. We got on the van. About midway…a car in front of us slammed on their brakes and stopped to make a right-hand turn. Kudos to our driver who veered to the left…. barely missing the car. We arrived San Souci at 4:15. We checked in. We were assigned room B19. This is our first time in B building. We are on the second floor and unfortunately, we don’t have a view of the main pool…it is blocked by a palm tree…but we do have a small view of the Sea. Our requests for the mini frig and bar were waiting for us. The room was perfect as always.

We unpacked and went to the martini bar about 6…Steve had appletini and had chocolate. Clive entertained us on flute. We went to Bella Vista for dinner. Steve had the beef and I had the fish. We walked around and went to SSB to look around. There is still a drop off near the river However… we were told that Pierre added 120 more beach chairs to the beach and some more palapas. It looks like they have trimmed some of the vegetation at the end of the pool closets to the road, so the trees are not hanging over the chairs…and there seems to be more umbrellas and new tables. The new bathrooms have 2 stalls on each side and the old bathrooms are still open to use. No work has been done to expand the kitchen.

We came back to the room to crash…it had been a very, long day…however…there was a new show on the stage on the main lawn. It was very loud and it continued until a little past 10. I heard them announce that following the show…there would be a bon fire on the main beach…for the very first time. So perhaps they have added some late-night entertainment on Thursdays.

On Friday I woke up at 4…I just could not sleep. We ordered room service for breakfast. Then we went to the beach. We had lunch at the beach. We needed some batteries for the toothbrushes so we went to the store. The starlight gala was on the main lawn.
On Saturday we got up at 5:30. We had room service for breakfast and ate lunch at the pool. We went to the martini bar. We had dinner at palazini. We bought a bottle of wine with our resort credits.

On Sunday we celebrated our 46th anniversary. We had room service for breakfast. We ate lunch at Bella Vista. We had dinner at Casanova. Steve had lamb chops and I had steak. We bought a bottle of wine with our wine credits.
On Monday, we ate breakfast at palazini. We ate lunch at Bella Vista. We also had dinner at Bella vista. We both had snapper. It was full of bones. The best part of the evening was the beautiful sunset.

On Tuesday, we had breakfast at palazini. We had lunch at the pool. Tonight was
Jamaican night. The crowd must be 2/3 of what it was Friday. Lots of people have left.

Wednesday we had breakfast at palazini. We also had lunch at palazini. Dinner was the repeater dinner. Pierre said that there had been 324 workers during the last week. 140 people attended the repeater dinner which he said was 44% of the guests. He said that in 2019, renovations would begin on building D through G which would also include the balloon bar and Casanova. There was no mention of the rumors that we heard about the property being purchased in between the main beach and sunset beach. There was no mention of the 2 buildings we heard would be built on that property as well as a new huge pool with a huge deck. We did ask our staff member seated at our table about these rumors and she said emphatically…. they property had NOT been purchased and that the owners had put an apartment building on the property. So…I think it is safe to say…while there have been some drawings to show future development on SSB…it clearly is not on the radar for the next couple of years. I won the $100 voucher to the jewelry store.

Thursday, we had breakfast at palazini. We got our pictures from the photography studio which were paid for by resort credits. We boarded the bus at 10:30. We checked in at the airport and went to Margaritaville. We flew to Miami. We then flew home picked up the car and got home about 11:30.

Couples San souci had the best weather ever. The room was fantastic as always and the service was great. The food just leaves a lot to be desired. It is not bad…but it is not great. We rebooked for the same week next year.

[Linked Image]
Sponsors
Re: 2018 couples San Souci April 5-12 [Re: Cathyg] #158934
04/14/2018 07:48 AM
04/14/2018 07:48 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Thanks for the report. Did you talk to people who were there versus SXM??

Carol Hill
Re: 2018 couples San Souci April 5-12 [Re: Cathyg] #158983
04/15/2018 12:56 PM
04/15/2018 12:56 PM
missouri
Cathyg Offline OP
Traveler
Cathyg  Offline OP
Traveler
missouri
Carol....We went to CSS instead of Club orient. At my recommendation...there were 8 other couples that normally go to club orient at this same time as well...who went to CSS.

I was very very careful to tell them over and over again that CSS is NOT club orient. There are very few similarities....they are both on Caribbean Islands....but those islands are very different. They both have a nude beach...but those beaches are very very different.. You just simply cannot compare one to the other fairly.

But you certainly can compare nude resorts in Jamaica to other nude resorts in Jamaica. My first choice was always grand lido Braco. If I had to choose a second place...it would be CSS. It simply is the best right now. Is it very similar to Braco....except on a much smaller scale.

Anyway...I think we were all sad and wanted to be at club orient...but this was a nice alternative. Will it be a permanent alternative? I think if club orient comes back...most club orient fans will go back to club orient.

We have always done St. Martin in April and Jamaica in November. Why? Because they are different nude vacations and each is lovely in its own way.

[Linked Image]