We spent 10 days on JVD in December over Christmas. Of course, it was wonderful and I thought I would share a few items. We have been traveling to JVD since 2005 twice a year and have always taken the ferry. However, we have ALWAYS had major issues. Late ferry. No ferry. Ferry chaos. The ferry dance as our next ferry leaves. So, this time we decided even though we are only two people we would do a water taxi. We used Dolphin and it was the BEST thing we could have done. It was worth every penny. It was 350.00 total for both of us. We landed on STT at 1:15 and were on JVD by 2:44 and were on the beach in front of Soggy Dollar at 3:25. No stress. No hassles. Great service from Dolphin. I highly recommend their services.

We have tried everything to make the ferry work. We even tried booking ahead with Marjorie once and that was horrible. We thought we were paying for a private land taxi which would take us to the ferry and they might even hold the ferry. Instead, we had to wait for a party of 20 who all had checked luggage (we don't check luggage) and then they didn't hold the ferry. Won't do that again.

Dolphin had a land taxi waiting. They were available via phone/email for any questions at all times. The land taxi took us to Red Hook where we transferred to the boat which took us directly to JVD. The boat ride was 30 minutes.

Also, we stayed at White Bay Villas which we always do and that also was wonderful.

We did the hike across the top of the island from Soggy Dollar to the Bubbly Pool which was really bubbling as the north swell was up. After the hike we had lunch at Foxy's Taboo. The day we do this hike is always my favorite day of the trip.

Other than these items, we just hung out in front of Soggy Dollar and read and people watched. Oh, also dinners at Corsairs are the best for us. Great service and food and drinks. We always did happy hour their before dinner as well.

Great trip as always.