Tuesday morning, up at 7:30 (I would never consistently get up this early anywhere else on vacation), and got 2 coffees from Toppers. Banana, grapes, OJ for breakfast. Tuesday morning, up at 7:30 (I would never consistently get up this early anywhere else on vacation), and got 2 coffees from Toppers. Banana, grapes, OJ for breakfast. Went to the lobby to check TTOL for info on converting to euros for the trip to St. Barts and questions on taxi service from Grand Case to Princess Juliana.

Headed out to Orient Bay, stopping at the overlook close to Divi to snap some pictures of a huge cruise ship docked in Phillipsburg. Beautiful view, just one of the many breathtaking views in the 2 weeks we were Caribbean islanders. Got a little lost (again) on the way to there, had to reroute through the Middle Ground....just more of the island we had never seen, pretty , green and mountainous.

Stopped at Wakiki Beach, checked the menu and determined it to be a little pricey for a day at the beach, so we walked the beach down to a place that we had a great lunch 3 years ago, but the name of the place escapes me. It had license tags all over the ceiling, and we were ready to eat, but it was only 11:00 and they didn't start serving lunch until 11:30. They had chairs for rent for $7, but they were torn and frayed and only 2 feet from a drop off to the water's edge. We decided to go back towards the northern end of the beach, passed some chair offers for $5, same conditions. Ended up at Takako, $15 for 2 chairs, umbrella, with access to restrooms, restaurant, bar and snack bar.

Beautiful day with a steady wind off the Atlantic, few clouds, very comfortable. They wouldn't take cards, so we were restricted to cash on hand which landed us 2 cheeseburgers in paradise, fries and a large bottle of water, $20 with tip.

Spent the entire afternoon on the beach, rocking out on the iphone to the Rolling Stones, Zepplin, and some Yessongs. Dating myself musically. Walked the distance of the beach taking pictures all along the way.

Towards middle afternoon, happy hour thoughts came creeping in but I had no cash, so I asked the bartender for the nearest ATM. Drove out of Orient towards Grand Case and got some euros at the ATM just past the US Market. Got 230 euros, as I was trying to build up to the 645 euros that I would owe for the mini villa in St. Barts. Stopped by the US Market in search of Matchlite, again to no avail.

Back at the beach, I bought a bucket of Caribs, 20 euro ($1=1e), great day at Orient, stayed until 4:30. On the way back to Flamingo, we stopped at Paradise View where the Ma Dou Dou spiced rhum shack is and met Bernadine and her menagerie of pets, including Blue Eyes, a gorgeous, regal cat and Angel the dog and had our hearts stolen by 2 kittens. We stumbled onto this place on our 1st trip 6 years ago, and we stop there every time, take the same pictures and savour the time we spend there. It's just that beautiful! She let us roam around the garden and the hotel area, and we took pictures behind the bar in front of all the spiced rhum. Bernadine knew of the exposure she has on TTOL, and we had a great time with her, it was very sweet of her to stay open to let us enjoy. Had 2 Guavaberry Pina Coladas, incredibly delish! She deserves all the support we can give. Left a little for the critters and headed home.

Once we got back to Flamingo, I headed out for the Grand Marche in search of Matchlite. Took a wrong turn at the roundabout, and decided to try to find another way there. On the way, I saw an Economart and Ureka! Matchlite charcoal!

Lynn was pooped and didn't even eat dinner, I stayed up and cooked all the brautwursts and dinner dogs on the grill on the beach. Grilling is a passion of mine, grilling on the beach is nirvana. Checked out Game 5, Celts-Heat, Boston wins, 3-2 in the series. Long, great day..........Went to the lobby to check TTOL for info on converting to euros for the trip to St. Barts and questions on taxi service from Grand Case to Princess Juliana.

[Linked Image]