Member Spotlight
Beansbbq
Beansbbq
New Hampshire
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Dutchman, hathead, lookinatfifty, Lovetheocean, LuSea
Who's Online Now
31 registered members (John, Jaybird, MrEZgoin, Kennys, nevar37, kaba, Steve27, pbd007, Zanshin, Ackman, deputydog1157, Tom, cbf, Pitt1, Leagle49, Wingman, steve74, Beansbbq, xrayman67, 12 invisible), 696 guests, and 72 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Nude in the Sian Kaan Bioreserve - Tulum #181166
01/18/2019 04:52 PM
01/18/2019 04:52 PM
Maryland
mas Offline OP
Traveler
mas  Offline OP
Traveler
Maryland
Hi-

Just back from our 6th trip to Tulum in 2 years. Stay on the beach at a small hotel that is the last hotel before the Sian Kaan Bioreserve.

We have done 4 couples trips and I have gone down on my own twice as well.

Each day my routine includes several hours a day walking nude in the reserve - or just laying out. Usually a hour walk about 10 then again at 3.

There are very few facilities although some rental houses in the reserve. Some days I'll run into other nudists - some days none.

One day this last trip I walked for three hours, 1 and 1/2 each way and ran into perhaps 8 people. Most were workers raking up the seaweed - and a few couples on chairs at their beach house. Imagine a stretch of beach that you can see 500? yards in each direction and you are the ONLY one on it. Pretty cool.

Depending on the situation - if I see a guy raking the sand - I might just hold my shorts in front till I get back and keep on rolling. Other times if there is a mexican couple I would of course pop the shorts on for a few minutes. No one seems offended - I wave and they wave back.

In encountering other walkers coming towards me- when I get to the distance that I can tell that they do have a suit on I'll pull my shorts on till I get by them plus 100 yards or so. They can usually tell that I was just nude and I will get anything from a smile to ignored when we finally pass.

In my 20 years of being in AANR and visiting maybe 20 resorts around the country I can say that this is a truly unique experience. You have to get into the reserve either by renting there, by car, or by staying in a beach hotel and walking in - but once there you are pretty much good to go - by just being polite.

Lastly I have also practiced discrete nudity at the hotel we stay at - in November when it was quiet on the beach and at the hotel. I asked the manager first how little I could get away with and she said that they have guests that go nude. So I did - with just a bit of draping when face up. Nobody walking by seemed to care. I think it would depend on the guest mix if you felt comfortable baring all however. The staff at this hotel doesn't care.

Best.

Mark

SXM Sponsors
Re: Nude in the Sian Kaan Bioreserve - Tulum [Re: mas] #181178
01/18/2019 06:07 PM
01/18/2019 06:07 PM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Thanks for the report. Interesting! Would you care to share exactly where you stayed and your review of the place?

Carol Hill
Re: Nude in the Sian Kaan Bioreserve - Tulum [Re: mas] #181208
01/19/2019 07:15 AM
01/19/2019 07:15 AM
Maryland
mas Offline OP
Traveler
mas  Offline OP
Traveler
Maryland
Sure Carol. We stay at Casa de Las Olas.

My review, which I just updated is on TA, the screen name there is Mark S.

To clarify, in 6 trips I have not seen another guest nude. The manager said that they get some guests that partake. I'm pretty happy when the place is full of couples just wearing a speedo and taking my walks, or carrying a neat sheet into the reserve and reading a while.

My 99% nude use was in November when the place was almost empty and the other guests that there were there seemed open minded. So as to the hotel - think it depends - as to the reserve you are good to go.

One last specific - once you start walking into the reserve there are 3-4 houses in the first 10 minutes of the walk. There are gaps between these houses where one could lay out. Beyond that 10 minute mark it really gets empty for a while.

Re: Nude in the Sian Kaan Bioreserve - Tulum [Re: mas] #181223
01/19/2019 10:15 AM
01/19/2019 10:15 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Thanks for the info.

Carol Hill